Monday, December 6, 2010

Bleh

OK so I lost focus.... Its hard going on a "diet" when start to date someone new and you like going out to eat/etc. He fell off the wagon too. He was doing p90x before he met me every night. But I think he wanted to spend time with me instead of working out and getting sweaty for an hour by himself every night. (p90x is way over my interest level) We met in May...he moved in officially in September. 
   Also, I have been unemployed most of this year so I have finally had time to get more into cooking. Great for my "domestic skills badge" but not so much for the waistline. I generally made better choices for cooking but I don't want to show my new man all the best "diet" foods... I am learning how to really cook some good stuff. I do make better choices... I don't fry and usually the meal revolves around chicken or a lean beef.
     I think my biggest issue is that I'm just not exercising. I have a gym membership.. I have lots of free time right now (being unemployed and all) ..but for some reason.. I can't get myself to get out there and go. I know that being unmedicated for ADD doesn't help. But without insurance...$300 a month isn't happening for a prescription.  I'm trying to convince new boy to get a membership with me..and he is open to it but he is already spending alot of money to help keep up solvent while I'm just surviving on unemployment so I know he doesn't want to just throw $300 at a gym membership.  I think it would help both of us to go and to go together though. I'm going to try to start going on my own.
      Today (even though its 20-something degrees outside!!) I'm gonna try to get to the gym this afternoon. Perhaps by writing it out.. it will help motivate me...

Anyone else having motivation issues? Anything work well for you?

~Alissa

1 comment:

  1. congrats for you and your guy working out so well ;) i have been looking at the P90X and it looks so intimidating but Tony Horton really is a motivator so I am lost.

    Go to the gym!! Listen to great music!!

    ReplyDelete