Monday, June 28, 2010

28 Days Later

28 days without any fast food or soda. I've definately had my soda cravings and have overcome them mostly by making a quick cold cafe mocha. Avoiding fast food has been pretty easy. Its a big step in eating healthier and saving money. I am easily bored with trying to cook something at home and it was so easy to get in the car..drive 5 minutes and end up with a bag full of empty calories for $6. It has gotten easier to want to give it up considering I fell in love with the extra value meal when it was only $2.99. I am trying to decide if I am going to continue the with the same stipulations considering I only challenged myself initially to June. I think I will keep the "no fast food" and change the soda to once per week so I can treat myself, if I really want it, especially when I'm out on a dinner date with the new boy :) I generally can't do tap water when I'm out at a restaurant. I am very sensitive to any tastes in my water and most restaurant water has a taste that I just can't stand....and tea/lemonade gets old.

I'm not doing very good with my new goal of 3 gym visits in a week. Once I hit the weekend... I spend it with the new boy and we find things to do that seem to be alot more fun than heading to the gym!! We did take Lexi (my beautiful Aussie) for a walk at a great park tonight. First time in weeks that I didnt immediately break into a sweat just by being outside. Humidity and heat have finally come down in Kansas City. It should be a good week to be outside. Planted 2 more of my tomato plants this weekend as well. Hopefully I get some tomatoes out of them this summer...although I'm very late in the plantings.

1 comment:

  1. Soda is one of the hardest habits to kick~ Good for you!! 28 days that is an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete