Monday, June 21, 2010

Last Chance Workout

I just read Dani at WRW call it her last chance workout today since weigh-in is tomorrow. Well... I dont think I can say I gave it my all...but I did make it to the gym... for only the second time since this challenge started June 1.

The only cardio that I generally do at the gym is the elliptical machine because I have a nerve problem in my hip (meralgia parasthetica) that causes pain and numbness when I aggravate it and unforunately walking agravates it. I haven't had any big pain issues lately so I decided to try the treadmill for awhile. I saw that it had a 5k lap setting and thought that would be perfect to get my 45-60 minutes in.

Well... 1/2 mile in and my heels were burning... another 1/2 mile and I had to stop. Blisters on my heels :( I think I need to wear/find/use better socks and hopefully can prevent that in the future. Spent another 20 mintues on the elliptical...and my feet/heels were done for the day. I need to find some moleskin or something. I haven't had workout blisters....ever LOL

SO... 1 out of 3 gym workouts goal completed for the week on Day 1. Yippee for me :) I still have a feeling I will have gained a few pounds overall this week... but I got back on track today. Now if I could just get rid of this headache....

2 comments:

  1. i do a last chance workout too lol i dont think it worked but oh well it is good to get the movement. sorry to hear about your feet and blisters

    i would love to get that chocolate cake recipe from ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite Chocolate craving recipe...ammended from Hungry Girl.

    4 Tbsp reduced sugar chocolate cake mix
    2 Tbsp low/non fat vanilla yogurt

    Mix the above in a coffee mug until completely mixed. Put in microwave for 1-2 minutes. (1 1/2 minutes is usually enough to get the sides to seperate and it to look like cake instead of cake mix. I think top it with a couple of Tbsp of Cool Whip Lite. I love the warm cake/cool topping mix. It is about 125-150 calories.

    Its easy to keep cake mix in a tupperware container so you that you always have it on hand. Its my favorite and pretty easy to remember.. just 2:1 mix to yogurt.

    ReplyDelete