Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Starting week 4...

Starting Week 4 with a 1 lb gain for Week 3. It could have been a 4 lbs gain so I'm actually happy about that. Got back on the right track a few days ago. Never completely fell off the wagon... still no soda or fast food for the month..but I haven't been working out. I have had a headache for almost 2 days straight though and that prevented me from going to the gym or much of anything today. I made it to the gym last night so I'm not that upset. Our city had heat index warnings all day today so a good day to stay inside.

The VBL challenge for this week is to drop into the next lower pound range... so if you weigh 201... you need to lose 2 to get into the 199's... if you weight 208.. you need to lose 9 to get into the 199's. Which means....I need to lose 6 lbs to qualify. Totally doable but will require some hard work. Looking back over my weight spreadsheet...goes back through random dates back to 1996...I would be back to a recorded 2008 weight if I get to the lower pound range.

The year I turned 30 (2005) I wanted to lose 30 lbs before I turned 30. I missed it by a few weeks but I did it in about 5 months. I didn't do anything extreme, I just ate much better, I tried to eat every 2 hours and worked out consistently about 4 hours a week. After 11 months of being pretty healthy and a 37 lb loss, I wound up in the ER with a gallbladder attack. Of course I didnt know they were gallstones at the time.. I thought I was having a heart attack. It was painful! Had my gallbladder out 2 weeks later and after the disruption to my working out and standard life stress... I started gaining weight back after that.

SO... my first major weight goal.. is to get back down to that pre gallbladder attack weight... 45 pounds from weight on June 1st. Only 36 more to go!! :) That also happens to be the least I've weighed anytime after high school.

What's YOUR first major weight goal?

1 comment:

  1. My first goal is to lose the weight I gained after my youngest weaned himself last year. And then I guess it's to get under 200.

    Good luck this week! You can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete