Friday, June 4, 2010

Perfect Hard "Boiled" Eggs

I've enjoyed hard boiled eggs all my life but they never seemed to turn out exactly the way I would prefer them to when I cooked them. I finally found the method for perfect hard cooked eggs!! No green around the yolk anymore. You steam them!! Thank you Alton Brown!! www.foodnetwork.com/videos/hard-cook
ed-heaven/44247.html
Bring a small amount of water to a boil... insert veggie steamer insert...put eggs in a single layer above the soft boiling water...cover with a lid...and let steam for 14 minutes. Immediately remove eggs and set in ice water to stop cooking. Peel under cool running water when you want to eat them...and they are perfect!!

Didn't make it to the gym today..but still stuck with healthy food. Seem to be down 6 lbs in 4 days. Usually the first week is easy to lose more than the standard 2 lbs per week so I'm not getting too excited.. but it is good to see the scale go down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment