Thursday, June 10, 2010

Workout motivation is MIA

I did so well my first week... 10 lbs down...but with TOM and insomnia issues... I'm having a really hard time finding motivation to get to the gym. I KNOW I feel better after I work out... I KNOW my metabolism shoots up when I work out... I KNOW its so much easier to lose weight when I work out... I just can't seem to get into my car to drive the 3 miles to the dang gym. I have spent about 5 minutes a night hooping..but considering my abs are hidden below years of inactivity...you are supposed to start slow on that...so I have.

I watched the latest "Losing it with Jillian" on the computer last night and the 54 year old mother of 2 lost 32 lbs in 6 weeks. 6 WEEKS!!! It can be done...she was doing it on her own...in her town...while holding down a job and being a mom. Not at the Biggest Loser Ranch... so its not unattainable...you just have to work for it and want it enough. I am currently looking for a job so I have time....to spend at the gym. I wish I had some work out partners.. I think that would help. I am more apt to do something when someone else is counting on me to be there, etc.

I'm still doing well with eating. No fast food... no soda... no additional salt/sugar on anything. I think one of the keys for me is to eat as soon as I wake up (which was not my standard practice) and to eat every few hours. I have been trying to keep easy to access snacks in the house. Carrott sticks, hard boiled eggs, pre-measured chunks of cheddar cheese, apples, etc and that definately helps.

OK... out in the blogisphere....my goal for today is 2 hours of physical activity!! Its out there now...I've challenged myself... what are YOU going to challenge yourself to do today?

5 comments:

  1. I would love to have a gym close by, but I agree it's easier when you have someone to go with.

    Get some good music!! that has always helped.

    Challenge: Hmmmm to get off my patoot and do something fun with kids lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struggling with motivation today as well. My challange for myself today is to finish my 2.5 mile run and not quite (like I did on Tuesday...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it!! Congrats Amy :) I'm still working on my challenge. My sleeping schedule is currently backward so I just woke up. I am hoping for an hour a the gym and then an hour walk for my 2 hour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally do it!

    Thanks for the comment.

    Missy
    (misspuddingfood.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Week 2 is harder than the first week. I'm not sure why, but I've found that to be true in every aspect of life. We're all there with you, even if we're not physically in the same location. We're just going to have to all push through this together.

    ReplyDelete