Sunday, June 20, 2010

Diet Derailment

You know what can derail a diet quickly? Dating someone new. Newly dating usually equals going out to dinner. I just started dating someone 3.5 weeks ago...and even though I'm making better choices and following two of my rules for the month (no soda/no fast food) I am still not going to lose weight eating all that good food!! I'm currently unemployed....so who can resist going out for a crab leg dinner?

I want to spend time with him..instead of going to work out. I know... we can work out together but its so darn hot here in Kansas City right now that its not that feasible and he doesn't belong to my gym. We did go out walking at the air conditioned mall last night (but that led to the crab leg dinner!)

I can work out during the day when he is working but with a bad sunburn most of last week...I didnt feel like moving too much. Hopefully this week will be much better. I can actually put on clothing that touches my shoulders now. Went to Sams Club and got a load of chicken breasts so I can have lots of choices this week.
OK... I've followed my 2 rules for almost 3 weeks now.. I'm adding another rule.. Must go to the gym for at lesat 45 minutes 3 times a week. M-S. Maybe if I make it a "rule" it will affect me more than just saying it something I should be doing.

Good luck to all of you during this stretch to the end of month one!

2 comments:

  1. so true!! you should get him on board with you!! it will make all the difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took reading this post to make me realize we're slowly coming in on the end of the month. Ack! Where did it go?

    I had some issues this past week as well. I'm planning a big workout tonight and then a (hopefully) successful launch into week four. See you there. ;)

    ReplyDelete